When you are in your final trimester and you are anxious to meet your baby, there are signs you need to look out for during your last month of pregnancy. Some signs will be false labor signs.
Here are a few indicators that you are going into labor:
- Usually, uterine contractions have a timed duration. The closer you get to delivery, the closer the contractions are to each other.
- Mucus and brown secretions are reliable indicators of rupture of the membrane and delivery time nearing.
- You may have severe lower back pain and cramps, similar to but more intense than menstrual cramps.
- Rupture of the amniotic sac will cause what is commonly known as the waters breaking. The flow of water differs from one woman to another. Once your waters break, you should go to the hospital immediately.
- Cervix dilation is a clear indication. The cervix expands to ten centimeters during labor.
If you notice any of these signs, you will need to visit the hospital immediately. Never hesitate to consult your doctor regarding any of your concerns.